Friday, September 01, 2006

Moments: A Day in the Life

So raise your hand if you have boys between the ages of 7 and 5....

I realize of course you may possibly fall into that category and are unable to wrestle your arms away from holding your two precious sons away from each other....I understand.

Today I called recess. For the rest of the day. I really don't want to say PLEASE STOP ever again in this lifetime. And I'm rather tired of hearing potty talk (is there some way to tie farts into a science lesson?) I think we'll have Lego day.

Fridays can be trying. Not in the mood for trying today. In the mood for a nap. Did I mention my boys have been wearing the same clothes for 4 days? Uh huh. That's what happens when mama is too lazy to walk upstairs and pick out decent clothes for her children.

Hmmmm. I hear thumping upstairs. Any ideas what that might be? You get one guess.

2 comments:

The Crib Chick said...

I have this book of cartoons that shows a woman who has made a cardboard cutout of herself, and is just playing a tape that repeats "Stop hitting your sister...What did I say?", etc.

Mine would have "Please stop...Give that back to him...Take that *away* from him..."

Sigh.

(Lovely blog, by the way, and beautiful family. :o)

cindy said...

Lol! My other favorite turn of phrases are "knock it off" and "quit pestering your bother"...

I'm getting ready to prepare my daughter's memory work recording. Perhaps I should record a tape of my lovely phrases for the boys, then threaten to make them listen to it 10 minutes everyday before school begins. *snort*