Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Moments: It truly is a 'Right Start'


Talk about a Right Start! Ok I will....
I just love this math program. My boys just love this math program. I've decided that from now on math is done on the floor, seeing as the program is completely maniputative based. I'm understanding math for the first time myself!
This program is based on the asian methods of teaching the base 10 system of math, done primarily thru the abacus. I'm just amazed at the logic of it....my boys are learning to mentally compute huge numbers by picturing the abacus in thier minds' eye. Fabulous!
Here is the website. It can get pricey, but you'll use the manipulatives over and over. Your kids will think it's 'game time', not 'math time'. I highly recommend this program. It fits with visual, kinethestic and auditory learners. It works for hares AND tortoises. It's FUN!

No comments: