Thursday, July 10, 2008

Musings: These beauties are mine????

Yeah, ok, I'll admit it. I'm stunned everytime I see my girls in a picture. I'm stunned at how grown up they are, at how pretty they are, and how happy they seem. Sure, pictures never tell the whole story, but I revel in these snapshots of my babies, just as I did when they really were babies.

So here are my three princesses enjoying a girls' night at M's new apartment ...yes, she's officially flown the coop and is playing house on her own with my cast off furniture. Kinda the designer 'early parent's attic' motif. It works. (...and come on now, how many of us have fond memories of feathering our first nest with decades old pieces from supportive family and friends anxious to rid themselves of eyesores and yet feel good about 'recycling' for a good cause...pondering how a navy blue plaid couch and fiberboard bookshelves should sit just so on the wall and how the red shag carpet remnant adds the perfect touch of warmth?)

For funsies I dug up some older photos my hubby scanned into the 'puter.

Here's a shot of the three girls with their big brother circa '99:

And another shot of the two olders with their papa circa '93:


Here is Baby G in a collage in '94 (K is in the tub, and C is celebrating birthday no. 8 on his shared birthday with dad who's turning a ripe 28 *grin*)

The whole gang, adding B and Baby S in '01:

*sigh* Time flies.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You got me. Sigh...